#FoodieFriday - Fiesta Sweet Potato Skins
Posted on June 02 2016
Sweet potato skins are trying to tell us something... They want to be hot and skinny just like the rest of us ;-)
These Fiesta Sweet Potato Skins are to die for! We know - we've had them! Serve for a party or simply make for dinner! Recipe serves 2-3.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Large baked chicken breasts
- 2 Red Bell peppers
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Avocado (mashed)
- 1 White onion
- 1 can organic Black beans
- 1 can organic unsweetened corn
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes/until soft
- While potato cooks:
- Dice/Shred chicken
- Add fajita seasoning
- In a large skillet combine the corn, red pepper, green pepper and onion (all diced) cook until soft in olive/coconut oil. Feel free to add fajita seasoning here.
- Add seasoned chicken to skillet, then add beans.
- Remove baked potatoes from the oven when fully cooked, slice in half (long ways)
- Hollow out the potato until there is a quarter inch left in the sweet potato
- Add in the chicken/veggie mix
- Return to oven and bake 10 additional mintues
- Remove from oven, add mashed avo on top, ENJOY!