Sweet potato skins are trying to tell us something... They want to be hot and skinny just like the rest of us ;-)
These Fiesta Sweet Potato Skins are to die for! We know - we've had them! Serve for a party or simply make for dinner! Recipe serves 2-3.
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Large baked chicken breasts
- 2 Red Bell peppers
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 1 Avocado (mashed)
- 1 White onion
- 1 can organic Black beans
- 1 can organic unsweetened corn
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes/until soft
- While potato cooks:
- Dice/Shred chicken
- Add fajita seasoning
- In a large skillet combine the corn, red pepper, green pepper and onion (all diced) cook until soft in olive/coconut oil. Feel free to add fajita seasoning here.
- Add seasoned chicken to skillet, then add beans.
- Remove baked potatoes from the oven when fully cooked, slice in half (long ways)
- Hollow out the potato until there is a quarter inch left in the sweet potato
- Add in the chicken/veggie mix
- Return to oven and bake 10 additional mintues
- Remove from oven, add mashed avo on top, ENJOY!