Activie Living Project Day 20
Posted on February 20 2014
With only 8 days left of our Active Living Project, we decided to share "7 habits of the fabulously fit" This is a great article to get you in touch with your inner self. And our favorite part is the LJ tips that are listed throughout the article. So take a few minutes out of your day to read this, we promise you won't regret it!
We all have fabulously fit role models that we look up to, right? You know, that bright-eyed girl who always seems to be en route to a workout, with freshly blended greens in one hand and an infectious enthusiasm that lights up the room?
So there’s only one question on our minds – how do these fabulously fit (FF) girls make it look so easy? To answer our burning questions, we asked our friends to share some of the secrets to their success. Here’s a taste of the top 7 health and wellness habits to keep you living active every single day…
1. Make time to move every day
Your health is the most important investment you’ll ever make. Our FF friends adjust their schedules in order to squeeze in a workout each day. They make the best workout partners because they live and breathe Active Living and motivate others to join in on the fun.
- LJ Active Tip: Each Sunday night, look at your calendar for the week ahead and block out the times where you can get your move on. Be prepared and fill out a weekly move plan! Make sure you allow yourself time post-sesh to grab a healthy snack so you don’t feel famished.
2. Move daily
It doesn’t have to be a trip to the yoga studio or an intense workout, the FF find ways to be active every day and make incidental exercise a part of their routine. They always opt for the stairs, walk to a co-worker’s desk rather than writing an email, and they park further away in the parking lot. Our FF friends know that these short bursts of activity add up to a whole lot of movin’ throughout the week.
- LJ Active Tip: Plan a solid workout 3-4 times during the week (don’t skip the weekend). On other days, aim to be more active in your daily activities, i.e. opt to walk or bike instead of driving to work.
3. Find your signature move.
Exercise isn’t limited to lifting weights and running on a treadmill. There is something out there for everybody! Some love hiking, some love HIIT, and some love to dance till they drop. The FF find what it is that gets their heart racing and they make it a part of their daily active life. Ask yourself, what is it that you love to do?
- LJ Active Tip: Try a particular workout consistently (3 days per week) for one month and see how you feel at the end of the month. If you don’t love it and can’t see it as part of your weekly routine, switch it up with something new!
4. Mix up your moves.
The FF are not married to any one type of exercise. To stay challenged, avoid boredom, and keep their muscles guessing, they vary their workouts!
- LJ Active Tip: If you tend to enjoy a sweaty cardio class, try mixing in a slower strength training class. If you are a runner, take a yoga class once a week.
5. Nourish right every day.
We’ve all heard it a million times, but it’s super important to eat a nourishing breakfast. Our FF friends make it a priority to eat a healthy, satisfying meal every morning so they start their day off on the right foot.
- LJ Active Fit Tip: Always on the go in the morning? All you need is 15 minutes to whip up one of these nourishing breakfasts to keep you going all day long.
6. Listen to your body.
Every day is different, so make sure to vary your workouts and meal plan accordingly. The FF nourish mindfully by eating when they’re hungry and stopping when they’re full. They also make sure to take a rest day when their body needs it.
- LJ Active Fit Tip: Slow down, girl! Aim to chew your food at least 20 times before swallowing and put your fork down between bites to savour the meal.
7. Live it, breathe it, believe it.
People who are FF enjoy exercise and being healthy as a habit, not as a chore. They see exercise as a way to give them energy, to release stress after a long day, or as a fun ritual with fellow sporty sisters. They practice patience and compassion toward themselves when they have a bad day and fall off the wagon, knowing that it won’t last forever.
- LJ Active Fit Tip: Rather than asking friends to meet up for happy hour, see if they want to take a spin class followed by a yummy sushi dinner.
You can be a fabulously fit person too! Visit our move archive for tons of workouts that you can incorporate into your routine or visit our nourish section for delicious clean eating recipes. With a positive mindset and a little hard work, you can be the fabulously fit girl that inspires others to live active every day!Original article can be found on http://www.movenourishbelieve.com/active-living-2/7-habits-of-the-fabulously-fit/