Here’s something quick, light, fresh, healthy and easy to take along to a festive gathering. The Vegan Friendly Zucchini Party Roll Ups served with a spicy shooter.
The roll ups are all raw and filled with an avocado smash and plant-based cheese.
They are great alongside what I’ve called The Chase Me shooter – it’s got a bit of bite to it! This shooter is a fun alternative to those sugary liquors that get passed around. It is filled with natural superfoods to help you de-bloat, boost circulation, calm the tummy, and soothe inflammation.
Aloe Vera: Queen of the succulents, she’ll soothe your stomach and fight the bloat.
Ginger: a fiery friend to get that circulation flowing, and soothe a grumpy tummy. Also, if you are going on a boat party this summer and tend to suffer sea sickness – then ginger is your remedy.
Turmeric: earthy, bold, expansive – this one fights inflammation and swelling with thanks to a powerful pigment called curcumin, it also promotes healthy blood and liver function – in turn creating radiant, glowing skin.
Lime: powerfully alkalising to the body.
Manuka Honey: liquid gold, this New Zealand honey will heal ulcers, fight bacterial and viral infections, boost immunity and aid digestion.
Mint: will freshen your breath and settle an upset tummy, a natural diuretic, it will help prevent water retention and keep your tummy nice and flat.
Coconut water: to re-hydrate that beautiful skin of yours.
Raw Zucchini Party Roll Ups
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Serves 10
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 2 teaspoons organic apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast*
- ¼ teaspoon fine Himalayan rock salt
- A few good grinds of pepper
- 1 whole, ripe avocado (a nice and fat one)
- 2 teaspoons finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A good pinch of salt
- 2 fat zucchinis
- ½ carrot, julienned
- ½ red capsicum, julienned
- Coriander microgreens
- Sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup fresh young coconut water
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons pure aloe vera juice
- 4 tablespoons Manuka honey
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons turmeric powder (you can also use fresh turmeric, the powder is sometimes more accessible, but can leave a residue at the bottom of the glass)
- 12 large mint leaves
- Drain the cashews, pop in the food processor with the rest of the ingredients, and whizz till you get a soft and doughy texture
- Transfer to a small bowl and set aside
- Pop everything in the food processor and whizz till just smashed.
- First, wash, top and tail the zucchinis and use a mandolin to cut them into fat ribbons.
- Lay the zucchini ribbons on a flat surface, and spoon a heaped teaspoon of the cheese mixture into the center, and spread it out evenly. Leave a few cm space at the narrowest end, as the mixture will actually spread a bit when you go to roll it up.
- Next place a teaspoon of the avocado smash over the top in the same way. At the wider end of the strip, place 3-5 each of the julienned carrot and capsicum, a small amount of coriander microgreens, and two sunflower sprouts.
- Roll and repeat till you have made use of all the cheese and avo smash. You will get between 10 and 12 roll ups
- Serve on a platter with the Chase Me shooters
- Blend everything in a high speed blender
- Pop in the fridge to chill
- Give it one more quick blend or a good stir right before serving in shot glasses, garnished with fresh mint
Chase Me Shooters
1 cup fresh young coconut water
½ cup fresh lime juice
4 tablespoons pure aloe vera juice
4 tablespoons Manuka honey
4 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
3 teaspoons turmeric powder (you can also use fresh turmeric, the powder is sometimes more accessible, but can leave a residue at the bottom of the glass)
12 large mint leaves
• Blend everything in a high speed blender.
• Pop in the fridge to chill.
• Give it one more quick blend or a good stir right before serving in shot glasses, garnished with fresh mint.