Craving something sweet? Try these amazing chocolate & almond cookies!
Posted on March 08 2014
We all get the urge to bake something decadent and sweet. Like these Clean Chocolate & Almond Cookie recipe for instance. Get ready to gather your ingredients, dust off your mixing bowls and create this sweet recipe in just a few minutes.
These cookies are the perfect 3pm snack idea for when those sugar cravings are calling your name and also make for a great lunchbox companion for the kiddies to take to school. Combining some of our favourite nourishing faves such as cacao (a mood booster/antioxidant rich), chia seeds (omega 3s/ protein source) and coconut oil (good fat/ energy source), this cookie is a nutritional powerhouse… So go on, bake it!
Clean Chocolate & Almond Cookies
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Servings: Serves 12
- 2 cups almond meal
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ tsp. bi-carb soda
- 2 tbsp. boiling water
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Add almond meal, cacao powder and chia seeds to a bowl and mix well.
- Add bi-carb to boiling water and stir until it froths up and immediately pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Then, stir through both the maple syrup and coconut oil.
- Roll cookie mix into balls in your hands, and press onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 15 mins.
- Tip: They will harden as they cool.
- So, there you have it! We hope this delicious little treat hits the spot!
- Original article can be found at http://www.movenourishbelieve.com/recipes/make-this-clean-chocolate-almond-cookie-recipe/