Cold weather is finally upon us and what better way to stay warm then by making homemade soup. We found a great recipe for Crock pot Chicken Tortilla Soup and we can't wait to try it!
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is okay)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn (I used Trader Joe's frozen Fire Roasted)
- 2 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (mild)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 packet chicken taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup masa (corn flour) mixed with 1 cup warm water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings: Sour cream, fresh cilantro, diced avocado, cheese, tortilla chips.
- Into the crockpot goes the chicken, broth, black beans, corn, tomatoes, tomato soup, and taco seasoning. Give it a little stir, and then cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When you are almost ready to serve (1 hour or so before), remove the chicken and shred. Add it back to the soup.
- Whisk the masa into the warm water until you have a smooth slurry, and then whisk it into the soup in the crockpot. Continue to cook on low until you are ready to serve.
Original recipe can be found http://lovelylittlekitchen.com/crockpot-chicken-tortilla-soup/