I came across this recipe while surfing the web for delicious recipes to share with all of you. When I saw avocado and burger together I knew that this was the winner.This recipe is the perfect way to spice up your classic burger, and the best part about this recipe is it is paleo. This just means you can enjoy an exquisite meal after that brutal workout you did earlier. Treat yourself, you deserve it!
If you are looking for a delicious and easy recipe for you and your family, this is a definite go to. What you will need for this recipe and directions on how to make this deliciousness is posted below. Enjoy these amazing burgers and let us know what you think or if you have any other mouthwatering recipes!
Avocado Stuffed Burger
- 2 pounds grass-fed ground beef from the awesome TX Bar Organics
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped NO OIL
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (makes it salty depending on your sun-dried tomatoes)
- Bacon fat (Optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-medium high heat
- Put your ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add black pepper, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, and the zest of one lemon
- Mix well and then using your hands form into thin patties all the same size (you need them thin because you will be using two of them to make one patty)
- In another mixing bowl combine avocados, sun dried tomatoes, lemon juice, and the remaining teaspoon of sea salt.
- Mash the avocado and mix ingredients well to get as smooth as you like
- Place your avocado mixture on the bottoms of half of the burgers, ensuring you leave room to seal the burgers without it leaking out
- Put your other patty over the top of your mixture and pinch the edges of your burgers together to seal all the way around
- Now go out and grill to your liking. I normally do about 6-8 Minutes per side on my grill but yours may be different. Ensure you cook evenly on both sides of the burger or you will end up with an undercooked and an overcooked side
- While grilling, I drizzle my burgers with bacon grease and it adds an amazing flavor
- When done grilling, allow your burgers to rest for 10 minutes and then serve. You can use the rest of your avocado mixture to top your burgers with and go to town
original recipe can be found on http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/recipes/beef/avocado-stuffed-burger/