Do you need help finding that motivation to workout? Are you having trouble finding time to get into the gym? Don't worry we are here to help! Check out this workout from on of our sporty sisters, Sara Haley.
Whether you’re a gym junkie or you can’t seem to find the motivation to workout in the New Year, we all need some fresh moves to inspire us. Sure, you’ve all heard of squats and burpees, but we bet you haven’t tried them like this before. Fitness and lifestyle expert Sara Haley has the perfect workout to get you back into shape in 2015.
The Reps: Each exercise is done 15 times. Just make sure you read the directions to know what counts as a rep.
Cheers to Squats
Begin in a deep squat. As you stand up from your squat lift one knee and rotate your torso and arms towards the leg – say “Cheers!” (Repeat going the opposite side. Repeat 15 times on each side (30 squats total).
Party Pigeon Climbers
Regular mountain climbers are so last year. Get your party on with Pigeon Climbers that will work your core and stretch your glutes.
- From a plank position, bring one foot in to touch the opposite wrist.
- Continue alternating feet.
- Repeat 15 taps on each leg (30 times total).
Jack Into the New Year
This is a fun variation on your traditional jumping jack that works your inner thighs a bit more.
- Jack out and allow yourself to touch the floor in front of you. As you bring your feet together cross one leg and one arm over the other.
- Repeat crossing the opposite leg in front.
- Repeat 30 times (15 times with each leg in front)
Power Ahead (Plank, Push, Pull)
This is a 3 part exercise that requires a lot of power, but that is what you need to get ahead in 2015.
- Begin in a plank position. Work your chest by performing a push up (feel free to modify on your knees).
- Rotate your body to one side so you are in a side plank with your legs crossed. As you do this, simultaneously row your top arm back to open up the chest and work your obliques.
- Repeat 14 times to each side and finish with one last power push up for 15 push ups total!
This cardio sequence begins with a Tic-Toc action of the feet. Switch from touching one foot out to the side to the other. On the third switch come down deeper into a side lunge with the option to touch all the way down to the floor. Repeat 30 times (15 times with each foot leading – it alternates).
Reach For It
Starting a new year is all about reaching for goals. Work your core, especially your upper and lower back with this exercise.
- Lie on your chest with your arms and legs reaching long in opposite directions. Pull your navel to your spine and lift your chest up off the floor, as you simultaneously lift your legs off the floor.
- Pull your elbows down to your sides so your shoulder blades come closer together as your chest lifts up off the floor even higher.
- All of the movement should stem from your core. Repeat 15 times.
What better way to ring in the New Year than with some fun and fantastic burpees. Try this celebratory variation.
- Start by jacking the feet out into a mini squat or for a more advanced version, jumping up into the air into an X position. As you land, come all the way to the floor.
- Walk or jump the legs out into a wider position, like an X as well. Bring your feet back in to repeat.
- Repeat 15 times.
Sara Haley has been working as a fitness and lifestyle expert for over 15 years. She specializes in pre and postnatal exercises and is the creator of the highly successful prenatal workout program Expecting More. The birth of her second son inspired Sara to create blog posts and webisodes about the struggle of balancing life with work, called WHAT you Love WHO you love. Sara aims to be help others stay happy and healthy as she continues to work on her lifestyle brand. You can follow Sara on her website, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube!
Original post can be found on http://www.movenourishbelieve.com/move/whip-back-shape-workout/