#FoodieFriday Rosemary-Lime Wild Salmon Kabobs
Posted on June 05 2015
We've still got our grill out, and we're cooking up some amazingly tasty and healthy salmon this weekend! Add a fresh salad and some whole wheat couscous, and you've got a well balanced, summer-friendly meal!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless wild salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thick rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
Place salmon, zucchini, bell pepper and onion in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Whisk together garlic, rosemary, oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Pour mixture over salmon and vegetables, toss and marinate 15 to 30 minutes.
Prepare a grill (or broiler) for medium-high heat cooking. Skewer salmon and vegetables, reserving marinade. (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before assembling.) Grill kabobs, turning once, until salmon is cooked through and vegetables are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. While the kabobs cook, boil the reserved marinade in a small saucepan for 5 minutes. Drizzle over skewers and serve.
Original recipe can be found at WholeFoodsMarket.com