Portobello mushrooms in a taco? Sign us up! This recipe by Sue Lau is a great calorie friendly vegetarian option. These tacos are so yummy, and they can be made in just 20 quick minutes!
- 2-1/2 ounces portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil (to cook mushroom)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed or minced garlic
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- salt and black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional topping)
- 1-2 tablespoons minced white onion (optional topping)
- 1/4 medium tomato, chopped (optional topping)
- sliced ripe avocado (optional topping)
- 1 ounce crumbled Cotija cheese (optional topping)
- 2 corn tortillas, warmed (or 4 if you like to double layer those)
- lime wedges
- Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet and add mushroom slices.
- Season with cumin, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until they become soft, then add orange juice and cook until that evaporates.
- Serve mushrooms on warm corn tortillas with cilantro, chopped onion, chopped tomato, and crumbled cotija cheese. Squeeze lime over taco before serving. Salsa is another option if you wish
For more amazing recipes like this one, check out A Palatable Pastime.