#FoodieFriday There's always time for dessert
Posted on September 18 2015
Looking for a simple dessert to take to that last-minute get-together? This No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake from Eating Well is healthy, festive and easy to make! Take along to any family gathering or special event. It's healthy enough to eat any time!
- 4 cups halved pitted sour or sweet cherries, fresh or frozen (thawed, drained; see Tips)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 4 teaspoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Half a 14-ounce box graham crackers, preferably whole-wheat
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tips)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 8-ounce packages reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 2 cups nonfat plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Original recipe can be found at EatingWell.com.