Small Business Saturday -Ivy Hill
Posted on October 25 2015
November is right around the corner, and its a great month to shop local! We asked small business owners why its important to #ShopLocal and here are there responses!
Ivy Hill Owner- Hillary Dutcher
Why do you believe in local?
- I believe it supporting the community and business owners. A diverse selection of small businesses is what makes a city interesting, unique and have personality.
When did your dream become a reality, how long have you been in business?
- Answer: in business for 8 years since 2007.
How did you get started, what’s your story?
- Answer: I got started designing jewelry in Boston and selling to local boutiques there. When we moved to Columbus OH in 2007 I opened Ivy Hill. We moved the following year to STL!
What’s your favorite thing that you’re involved with - in the community: fundraisers, donations, events,
- Answer: I think that I have a responsibility as a small business owner to give back to theSTL community. I enjoy supporting the people who support me! There are so many wonderful causes and organizations sometimes it's hard to pick and choose. Over the past 8 years, I've been thrilled to support numerous organizations including St. Louis Children's Hospital, ASPCA,Foster and Adoptive Care, March of Dimes, as well as many local schools and parishes - to name a few!
What do you love most about STL?
- Answer: As a mother, I love the ease of the city and access to kids activities. The ever expanding food scene. I also love the people.