Small Business Saturday- Shred415
Posted on October 25 2015
November is right around the corner, and its a great month to shop local! We asked small business owners why its important to #ShopLocal and here is Shred415 owners response
Shred415- Kristin Beracha
Why do you believe in local?
- I'm raising my children in STL and my husband and I both have business here. I believe you support your neighbor and that the investment you put into your community will come back to you.
When did your dream become a reality, how long have you been in business?
- I opened Shred415 in august 2014 but I had been working on it for two years prior.
How did you get started, what's your story?
- My sister in law started the business and she had enough faith in me as family to give me the blueprint to open the first studio outside Chicago. Fitness has always been my passion, I am a runner, and a Yogi. I've played sports my whole life and i love the team environment which is why i love group fitness. i try to create a team among employees and my clients. there are 28 people in the studio and all are at different levels, but all working for one common goal- to be the best version of themselves.
Whats your favorite thing that you involved with- in the community: fundraisers, donations, events, organizations..ect?
- For years I was involved with the STL variety. I sat on the young variety board. I have always enjoyed helping and working with underprivileged children as they are our future
What do you love most about STL?
- You have a little bit of everything in food, fashion, entertainment, and culture. But its still small enough to raise your children with the same small town values my parents taught me