We figured with Thanksgiving right around the corner (Thursday, Nov. 24th) - there's going to be enough temptations around the table as is, so why not bring some (mostly) guilt-free Carrot Cupcakes to the party! Everyone is going to love you for this!
To get started you'll need to grab these few things, many of which you may already have in your pantry...
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond oil or grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, finely chopped (The food processor is the easiest way to do this.)
- 1/2 cup pureed dates (If you buy dried dates and they are too hard to puree in your food processor, microwave them with a little bit of water to soften them. Strain out any excess water and then puree them.)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Now, just W H I P it together...
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, maple syrup, and oil.
- Mix carrots and dates into the wet ingredients.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Divide evenly between 12 cupcake liners.
- Bake at 325 F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Mix coconut oil and maple syrup until smooth. This will be nearly impossible to do by hand. A hand mixer or an immersion blender works best for this because they allow you to mix in a small bowl which keeps the oil and syrup from simply spreading out all over a big mixing bowl.
- Spread frosting over cooled cupcakes.
- Eat and grunt with joy + THANKFULLNESS
Find this recipe and more at: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2012/03/paleo-diet-carrot-cupcakes-gluten-free.html