#Foodie Friday - Parmesan Tortellini Bites
Posted on January 13 2017
We couldn't pass up these tiny, Tortellini Bites - they look so delicious!
So let's not wait any longer! Here's the recipe!
Parmesan Tortellini Bites
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 (9 oz.) package refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 1 cup oil (varies slightly depending on pan size)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 Teaspoons of Parsley, chopped well
- ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- Mix together the panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook the tortellini until it’s near al-dente. Drain, and coat it generously with flour.
- Dip each piece into the beaten eggs, and then into the panko mixture.
- In a high-walled skillet, pour enough oil to cover the tortellini completely, about an inch high.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and cook the tortellini for about 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown. You may have to do this in batches.
- Place on a paper towel, pat dry, and serve with warm marinara sauce!
Credit to: The Cozy Cook