#FoodieFriday - Fit Fourth
Posted on June 30 2016
We know what you're thinking about your Independence Day BBQ... What the heck am I supposed to eat when I'm trying to be healthy?? Well, for a while, Fourth of July food had us feeling Red White and Boooooo too. Then, we took to the internet to find the most perfect recipe for your #FitFourth (and we PROMISE not to bore you with a #basic strawberry kebob recipe)! You're welcome!
First, we incorporate Blue (cheese) and White (meat!)
Bleu Cheese Stuffed Chicken:
- 2tablespoons coconut oil, softened and divided
- 1⁄2 cup bleu cheese crumbled
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- Rev the BBQ Pit to 425.
- Combine 1 tablespoons coconut oil, thyme, and blue cheese in small bowl until blended. Season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Cut a horizontal line in the thickest side of each chicken breast to form a pocket, but not cutting all the way through.
- Stuff blue cheese mixture into pocket with small spoon.
- Place chicken on the pit. Season with salt & pepper. Grill 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Meanwhile melt remaining 1 tablespoons coconut oil; stir in lemon juice and paprika. Turn chicken, brush with lemon mixture and bake additional 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through (use thermometer in unstuffed area).
Now to cover the red:
Home made paleo ketchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, cider vinegar, maple syrup, sugar, salt, onion salt, garlic powder, and allspice in a saucepan over low heat; simmer until smooth and slightly reduced, about 20 minutes. Cool completely before transferring to a jar; refrigerate.
HAPPY FOURTH!!!!!! WE LOVE THE USA!