Remember that one time you hosted a BBQ, and the day arrived and realized you had NOTHING ready at all? We all procrastinate, so here is a (healthy & freaking delicious, we've tried it) recipe to ease the procrastination stations of the world.
Enjoy your next healthy BBQ friends!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped pineapple, fresh or canned
- 1/4 of a red onion, chopped
- 1 romaine heart, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 4-5 large wheat or white tortillas
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken pieces to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook, flipping once until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove pan from heat. Add barbecue sauce to the pan and toss chicken to coat.
- Place tortilla on a plate. Layer with a spoonful of barbecue chicken, cheese, pineapple, onion, chopped romaine and cilantro. Roll, burrito style and secure with a toothpick. Serve immediately.