#FoodieFriday- No Bake Trail Mix Energy Bites
Posted on February 16 2017
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP TRAIL MIX ENERGY BITES
Vegan. Gluten Free. Dairy Free. Grain Free. A one bowel recipe for protein-packed energy bites bursting with whole ingredients.
Your New Year Resolution Check-In...
February is all about love, which begins with SELF-LOVE! We are a little over 1 month into 2017, and what better time to check back in with our New Year's resolutions. Now is the time to re-ignite that motivation and become re-inspired with why you set those resolutions in the first place! Was this the year you vowed to finally break your addiction with sugar or cut back on your beloved vino? You go girl, we've totally got your back!
At Dimvaloo, we are all about inspiring you to live your best active lifestyle and we understand that health begins in the kitchen. These energy bites encompass everything on our resolution list: health, fitness, wholesome ingredients, and moderation. Life is a balance, right? These energy bites are the perfect treat when you're on the go and need a little bit of energy before a workout, when you're immersed in mother nature, or even when you are just craving something sweet at the end of the day!
No Bake Chocolate Chip Trail Mix Energy Bites
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips (mini and regular)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ¾ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients: chocolate chips, cranberries, walnuts, sunflower seeds, oats, coconut and flaxseed.
- Add almond butter and maple syrup. Using a sturdy spatula, stir and fold together until well incorporated.
- Scoop mixture into your hands (mine are 2 tablespoons each). Roll and press into bites. If the mixture is a little dry, add in a little more almond butter or maple syrup. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Beaming Baker
Inspiration courtesy of Lorna Jane Active Living