It's the most wonderful time of the year!
Holiday gatherings are upon us and we couldn't be more excited! Are you hosting your family dinner this year? Looking to surprise your mother in-law? Have you been racking your brain for the perfect gift exchange present? We have your answer! Here's a hint: it's vegan and paleo approved, gluten free, looks beautiful in a bowl or mason jar, and compliments that bottle of wine you have been saving for your holiday dinner perfectly!
Maple and Cinnamon Spiced Pecans
These Maple and Cinnamon Spiced Pecans are the perfect hors d'oeuvre to share as the turkey finishes in the oven and all of the guests arrive.
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cups unsalted pecan halves
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large, nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, add coconut oil and sugar mixture. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Add pecans and increase heat to medium, stirring until pecans are thoroughly coated. Switch to stirring occasionally, allowing pecans to soak in the sugar mixture. Watch the pecans closely, being careful not to burn them. Stir until the sugar mixture is almost completely soaked up and the pecans are sticky like taffy. This will take about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour pecans onto the prepared baking sheet, creating an even layer. Set baking sheet on a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool.
Recipe courtesy of Beaming Baker.