If youre like me, you are obsessed with the all mighty avocado. This power food makes a great topping, dip, and you can even bake with it. For the new year I have found some super easy recipes that can help you kick start your new year!
Avocado and Egg Breakfast Pizza
1. Greek or pocketless pita, or any kind of flat bread
3. Ripe avocado
4. Organic egg
5. Sea salt, pepper, chili flakes, cumin, cumin seed, extra virgin olive oil
Here’s what you do:
Toast pita until crisp, mash avocado and spread on pita, drizzle with a dash of lemon, olive oil and spices, place egg cooked to your liking on top and serve.
Best as healthy breakfast, afternoon snack or Sunday night dinner!
Add prosciutto or a sprinkling of feta over the top for a richer snack.
Baked Egg in an Avocado
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 fresh eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit. Scoop out about two tablespoons of flesh from the center of the avocado, just enough so the egg will fit snugly in the center.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish. Do your best to make sure they fit tightly.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. Try your best to crack the yolk in first, then let the egg whites spill in to fill up the rest of the shell.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cooking time will depend on the size of your eggs and avocados. Just make sure the egg whites have enough time to set.
- Remove from oven, then season with pepper, chives, and garnish of your choice. Enjoy!
Avocado and Banana Smoothie
Ingredients: 1 avocado chopped, 1 banana, 1 cup sweet yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey