Prior to joining the NutriFormance staff, Emily attended earned her Bachelors of Science degree in Dietetics at Missouri State University in May 2010, with minors in Biomedical Science and Exercise Biology. She then completed a ten month Dietetic Internship at St. Louis University and earned the title of Registered Dietitian after passing her comprehensive exam in July of 2011.
Emily is working towards her Master’s Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics at Saint Louis University, with an emphasis in Nutrition and Physical Performance. During this time Emily completed another internship at Barnes Jewish West County Hospital’s Cardiac Rehab Institute through the Heart and Vascular Center, allowing her to utilize her exercise and nutrition expertise in the specific area of cardiac rehabilitation. Emily’s work experiences prior to and during the internships have developed a well-rounded knowledge base of nutrition and overall health and wellness.
Emily’s love of Pilates began in high school when she took a class spur of the moment with her mother. Her personal successes with the exercise lead to a desire to teach and she began the Pilates certification process through a STOTT Pilates Training Center in Springfield, Missouri. Emily became the youngest certified instructor through the training center in January 2008 after a nearly two year certification process during her collegiate career. Emily now uses Pilates to meet each individual client’s needs – from rehabilitation to athletic training – focusing on strength, body awareness, flexibility, breathing, and overall balance.
Emily’s achievements and certifications include:
- Registered Dietitian #01085499
- Licensed Dietitian #2011027927
- STOTT Certified Pilates Instructor – Full Certification
- Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Health Fitness Specialist #1023695
- Certificate in University Teaching Skills from Saint Louis University
- Dietetic Practice Group Member: Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member
- Saint Louis University Dietetic Association Member
- Missouri Dietetic Association Member
Emily’s personal philosophy on exercise and nutrition is to keep things simple and make goals you can achieve. The world of health and nutrition is ever changing, so there is always something new to learn!